Thursday, March 01, 2012

Book Review: Perception

Title: Perception (Clarity #2)
Author: Kim Harrington
Genre: YA, Mystery
Rating: 5/5
Cover: 10/10

I love the feel of these books. Now a days, most books that talk about the supernatural, and abilites, focus on how a girl falls in love with some guy who is so great because he has all these great traits that come with his "condition", and while I'll be the first to admit to loving some of those books, it gets old after some time.
Kim Harrington took the supernatural - ghosts, mind reading, the works - and... twisted into something so incredibly fresh, I read both Clarity and Perception in one sitting, bitting my nails the whole way.
I always enjoy reading mysteries of the likes of Agatha Christie, or Sherlock Holmes, because I have a kick out of trying to guess who the culprit is. 9 times out of 10, I get it wrong. I remember Clarity completely blindsided me as ususal, but with Perception, I figured it out about one second before Clare did, which is no use for yelling at the book, but great fun all the same.
I loved Perception. It went by too fast, but that's my own fault for being an incorrigible book worm who refuses to so much as eat or sleep during a good book like this.
It also helps that my ship ended up together, of course! ;)

Absolutely recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)