Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Book Review: Spell Bound

Title: Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3)
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Genre: YA
Rating: 5/5
Cover: 10/10

Once, I heard a comment about a particular piece of writing that called it "smooth and wonderful, like molten chocolate", which struck me as odd, when related to writing, no matter how good.
I've now come to understand what that person meant, because that was exactly what came to mind while reading Spell Bound.
Rachel Hawkins created a world that is easy to get lost in, aided by a chracter that is so lovable, that it is virtually impossible to not want to know what will happen next to her and her friends.
In this third and last book of the Hex Hall trilogy, we follow Sophie, Jenna, Archer (don't even get me started on Archer... lol), Cal and some new characters, as they fight to regain control over their world, before what's left of the Council decides it's a good idea to raise demons to keep everyone safe, and the road to safety is filled with good intentions, but then, so is the road to hell...
Sophie, as per usual, managed to pull out a good amount of giggles from me. Archer was... well, Archer. Tall, dark and handsome, and totally swoon-worthy, so nothing new there ;)
Of the new characters, I particularly loved Izzy. The girl's got some spunk, and much more personality than her sister. It's just sad she only showed up in this book; I'd have liked to know more about her
All in all, 5 for originality, for the humor and for the plot, although I sometimes felt some bigger depth of a few secondary characters might have made it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)