Friday, April 13, 2012

Book Review: Fated

Title: Fated
Author: Sarah Alderson
Genre: YA
Rating: 5/5
Cover: 8/10

Remember Hunting Lila? Yeah, well, it made such a good impression on me, I decided I'd go out and read whatever else Sarah Alderson had written, because honestly, I love it when I find an author who I can read anything and everything of theirs without being afraid of disappointment.

Fated, while drastically different from Hunting Lila, was equally as engrossing. I found myself smirking at Evie's blunders, and her quirky behavior. I love her; she reminded me of myself, in many ways, and that of course made the book very easy to identify to, nevermind all the crazy supernatural things going on.
And when I say 'crazy supernatural things', I mean exactly that, emphasis on the crazy part. I loved the supernatural salad here; while we've all heard of werewolves and vampires (these days, who hasn't?), the Shadow-Warriors and Mixens... well, I've never read book with them in it.

Now that I've successfully gone quite some way without gushing, the gushing shall commence. I'm sorry, but why is it that fictional men are always hotter than the guys I know? That's hardly fair. And Fated didn't disappoint there. Even thinking about Lucas right now, weeks after I read the book, I still get the tingles. He and Evie have that whole starcrossed lovers thing going on, and I guess that helps his image, since you can't help but think of him as a bad boy on a certain level. And then Alderson tops it off with a kiss scene (not saying who with, though!) so hot, I almost had to go take a cold shower afterwards. And I read adult about as much as I read YA; I'm used to steamy. I wasn't expecting that scene though, and to have that dumoed on me like that...

Anyway *cough* yes, great read. Like I said in the Hunting Lila review, I do believe I have found my new favorite author - and I have no doubts I'll be running to the bookstore for the continuation of Fated. Especially since I got a hint from Sarah on her twitter that there would be more sexy times in book #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)