Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Book Review: Kiss of Snow


Title: Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling #10)
Author: Nalini Singh
Genre: Adult, Paranormal
Rating: 4.5/5
Cover: 3/10 - I'm sorry, but no. I'm guessing the cover is supposed to be Hawke. He is a husky-like wolf, not black, and the ripped guy image just misleads as to the content. I mean, sure, there's sex, but not as much, and not as detailed as that cover suggests.

I'm a little unsure about how to rate this book. Sienna and Hawke had me hooked from page one, but all the side stories were a bit tiring, to be quite honest - though I'd definitely have found them more interesting, if I hadn't been so curious to know what was happening with Sienna and Hawke.
Granted, this could very well be my own fault for having started the "series" (it's more, so far as I could gather, like stand-alones, with the same characters, but with different MCs in each book) by book 10. Maybe, if I'd started back with book 1, as I should have, I'd be more interested in the secondary characters here.
Also, there were some parts in the book where I was extremely confused, and had to keep going back to check if I'd missed some part of dialogue, since the scene seemed to jump randomly. I hadn't, and I still can't figure out if I was just too slow, or what.
Regardless, I'm giving Kiss of Snow (and fair warning: you only get to truly understand the title in the last sentence of the book. It made me giggle.) a solid 4.5/5 simply because I adored Sienna. And her being the MC, that is a very important detail :P her strength, independence, passion and desire to love, even after everything she'd been through, made me wish I were more like her, while her silly stunts and stubbornness reminded me that, no matter how mature what she was forced her to be, she was still only 19. Also, her fights with Hawke were the best, and always had me smiling like a dork.
I recommend the book to anyone needing a good paranormal adult read, but I also recommend them to start with book 1. It's probably for the best ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)