Monday, October 06, 2014

Locked

Title: Locked
Author: Parker Witter (aka: Rebecca Serle)
Genre: YA
Rating: 4/5
Cover: 10/10

To any of you who don't know, Locked is the e-novella published by Rebecca Serle as a kind of introduction to the world of her novel, Famous in Love which is out later this month. You can find my review for Famous in Love here, along with all the info on how the novella ties into it, and links to both the novella and a free short story that is a prequel to it at the end of the review.

I said I'd read it! It's actually a really nice, sweet novella, and having read Famous in Love definitely added a certain edge to it, since I felt like I already knew the characters.
I like that in Famous, we never do find out for sure the ending to Locked, so in a way it was still a surprise, even though I guessed by what Paige said at the end. And that's a point: I get what Paige meant at the end of Famous in Love now. Which is both good and really, quite sad.
I really enjoyed reading the parts that we see filmed in Famous, because even though I knew they were coming, it was fun to see the difference in how a character living the moment sees it, and how Paige, who just has to act it, treats it. It's especially good fun when the paradox in the characters' characters is considered. This is almost like book Inception, but I think it'll make sense once you read Famous!
My only consolation is Paige has two more books to right her wrongs (technically, so does August, but I don't think we'll get to see that, to be honest). Plus... well, let's just say, I don't think a certain someone will be too happy when he finds out why she did what she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)