Saturday, November 08, 2014

Shipping Saturdays #6: The Infernal Love Triangle

The winner of last week's Shipping Saturdays was: Damon Salvatore!

Welcome to Shipping Saturdays! Basically, I talk about my favourite ship in a book/series, and then you guys get to vote on which favourite pairing of that book/series you prefer. If there are any couples you'd like me to talk about, let me know in the comments (along with what book they're from, in case I haven't read it yet!) and I'll add them to the list.




These three gave everyone a hell of a lot of heartache, and are, quite possibly, the only true, actual love triangle I've ever come across, because all three entities loved each other. Cassie Clare wins the cake for painful books with the heartbreaking story of Will, Tessa and Jem.

I think, though, that we can all agree that in the end, everyone had their chance at happiness, right?

With that in mind, I'm going to be very selfish and say that I am so, so happy she married Will. She's Tessa Herondale (see how that name suits her?!) now, and Jace will always have a living relative (ha!). She lived a lifetime with my baby William, and he died happy in the knowledge that he was loved by the woman he loved more than anything. It's been a year now, and they still give me a barrage of feels, just thinking about them. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled she gets to tease Jem about his backward ways as he accustoms himself to the XXI century, but I really hope she doesn't marry him. In part because it's not a necessity anymore like it was in the Victorian times, but also largely because then I can happily sleep, knowing she was Will's wife and only his. It gives me the warm and fuzzies.

But mostly I'm just glad Will got everything he deserved, because if that boy had suffered one more tiny bit, I'd very likely lose my shit. My favourite pass time is imagining his reaction if he were to find out his great-great grandson is parabatai with a Lightworm. It provides hours of entertainment. It also probably does me no favours that I've recently moved to Wales, and every time I come across the Welsh flag, I dissolve into hysterical giggles. I'm getting better with exposure, though!

Now, we're voting this week for who we prefer Tessa with, because honestly let's face, she got the cake and ate it too. So really just pick your favourite guy, even if you exclude Tessa from the equation; even if you shipped Will and Jem (I am so, so sorry if you did. Truly. Because ouch), just pick the guy you like the most ;)


Will or Jem?
Will!
Jem!
Other (do tell!)
Magnus
Poll Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)