Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Waiting on Wednesdays #7: Very Good Lives

Waiting on Wednesdays is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


Title: Very Good Lives
Author: J. K. Rowling
Genre: Nonfiction
Release Date: April 14th

"J.K. Rowling, one of the world's most inspiring writers, shares her wisdom and advice. 
In 2008, J.K. Rowling delivered a deeply affecting commencement speech at Harvard University. Now published for the first time in book form, VERY GOOD LIVES presents J.K. Rowling's words of wisdom for anyone at a turning point in life. How can we embrace failure? And how can we use our imagination to better both ourselves and others?
Drawing from stories of her own post-graduate years, the world famous author addresses some of life's most important questions with acuity and emotional force.
Sales of VERY GOOD LIVES will benefit both Lumos, a charity organization founded by J.K. Rowling, which works to transform the lives of disadvantaged children, and university-wide financial aid at Harvard University."

I knew this was coming out, and I had a vague idea that it would be this year, but I didn't realise until the other day how soon it was! I'm very excited to read it; I don't usually do nonfiction, but this woman's story is such an inspiring one, and the fruits of it have been such a huge part of my life, that reading up on her past never ceases to fill me with awe and respect. There's a real-life fairytale if ever there was one.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy the book!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-hard-to-be-good.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I like comments! Comments make me happy. Please let me know what you think :)